Thursday 18 October 2012

Final Submission

Introduction
The style of architecture has been change over the years because of what influences architects that help inspire them towards their design. I designed a very modernized  Museum using inspiration from my two selected buildings. My influences for my design was art in architecture which technically architecture is a form of art in itself. The two buildings that influenced my design were the 'venoms lair' and the sun tower in korea. The venoms lair having its very abstract facade being inspired to look like shell which gave me to idea to have a similar feature. The Sun tower was influenced by origami which i has affected the form of my blue tinted barrier.

The two concepts for my design were 'Materiality' and 'abstract'. Materiality was tough to show in a design perspective, i used strong materials such as onyx and steel to show fortitude towards my idea of big open out  door spaces. The way i conveyed the concept abstract was through the barrier, i wanted the glass to reflect the building to give the impression of the painting 'relativity' made by MC Escher where when looking at it internally give the impression of a abstract world thus naming the building 'Azure Relativity"

A1 Posters



Animation

Renders




Visualisation



Reflection on Assignment 3
Ignoring the problems i had trying to export my 3ds model to crysis i am quite pleased with my end result. My idea of the barrier came out more than i hoped it would which in my opinion is my main feature to my entire design. This assignment has pushed my capabilities with 3d studio max and i am now comfortable using the program which originally i wasn't.

MediaFire Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?183r318sl5467wk


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dara,
    Where is the animation and interactive pdf?
    Regards,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete